A Detailed Explanation of "Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS)" - Cloud
Today I'll be sharing everything that you need to know about IaaS in this article. So, without any further delay let's dive into the content.😋
What is IaaS?
By infrastructure, we mean that cloud service provider provides us with fundamental resources like virtual machines, storage servers, networking and testing environments.
- The cloud service provider handles infrastructure whereas consumer/user handles installation, configuration and management of software and applications.
- shared responsibility model:-
- Cloud provider is responsible for ensuring whether the cloud infrastructure is functioning correctly.
- Cloud customer is responsible for ensuring whether the service is configured correctly, it is up to date and is available to all customers.
IaaS scales up or scales down as per the demand and lets you pay only for what you use.
- No upfront costs:- Upfront costs are those which we pay even before the good is produced or service is performed. No upfront fee to be paid in IaaS as we pay only for the resources we use
Advantages of IaaS
- Cost Saving:- Eliminates capital expense and reduces costs, as we have no need to buy any hardware and we only pay for what we use.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery is expensive as it requires a good amount of technology and staff. But, IaaS can reduce this cost and access applications and data as usual during a disaster or outage.
- Time Saving:- Can set up the infrastructure in very less time.
- On-Demand Scalability:- Scaling up of resources when in demand and scaling down when not needed, saves money.
- Provides high amount of processing and computing power as per the requirement.
Scenarios where we can use IaaS
- Test and development:- Teams can quickly set up test and development environments. IaaS makes it quick and economical to scale up dev-test environments up and down.
- Migrating workloads:- IaaS makes it easy to move existing applications to the cloud.
- Website hosting:- Running websites using IaaS can be less expensive than traditional web hosting.
- Flexibility in choosing the required resources:- IaaS provides all the infrastructure to support web apps, including storage, web and application servers and networking resources.
- Scalability:- Useful in a situation where demands are unpredictable and we have to scale the resources up or down.
That's all about IaaS! We are now familiar with one of the cloud service model.
Meet you all in my next article. Bye!👋