How to Crack an Interview as a Fresher?
Before starting, I just want you to know I am no expert in this. I am here to share my understandings from the situations I saw and what I learnt from my experiences. Hope this will help you. Let's begin!😋
💪Be Strong on your Basics
If we observe we can see that the interviewer always start with basics. As we know, "First impression is the best impression", we should always be ready to answer any basic question they ask.
How answering basics would be an advantage?
- It creates a positive impression on you that you know the subject.
- It creates interest to interview you further and know what more you know.
- For instance, if we are not able to answer some in-depth questions later, the interviewer will have in mind that he/she is good with basics and they can learn in future.
With confidence, you have won before you have started - Marcus Garvey
We all know the interview process is just like sitting on a hot seat. We will be tensed at that moment, right? But never show that on the face. Be confident, answer to the point, don't fumble and, say I don't know or I can't recall this at the moment when you don't know the answer.
📢 Actions Speak Louder than Words.
How answering in an interview is essential, our actions and attitude are also important.
Some factors to keep in mind:
- Eye contact
- Body Posture
- Don't play with your hands, nails and hair.
- Listen, don't be desperate to dump your knowledge.
- Answer with real-time situations you faced. For instance, if I say I am good as a team lead. How will you trust me as an interviewer? So, show them that you believe you can be a good team lead from your experience. Say how you managed your team while facing a deadline or facing issues with the project.
- Before attending an interview, we should always do some research. Know about the company you are applying, their milestones, motto, etc.
- Check the company's website, social media handles to be up to date.
- Know their competitor.
- Know about the job role you are applying for.
- Be ready to answer anything from your resume.
- Find common interview questions and practice.
Even if everything goes well we some times receive mail as not selected. Please don't give up. Hard work never fails. Telling this after successfully failing in several interviews.
Share your experiences with me and tell me what other factors you have observed and learnt from your interviews.
Drop a like and do share your valuable feedback in comments!
That's all for today! Thank you for reading till the end.💖